Friday, December 23, 2005

Started New Promo: PokerRoom

PSO is having a special promotion for PokerRoom (PR) this Christmas season - 12,000 PSO points ($120 value) instead of the usual 9000. I decided to do this as my next promo. However, I'm a bit concerned for two reasons.

After searching the PSO forums for feedback on PR, the general consensus seems to be that many people are losing money on this site because too many bad players are calling with mediocre hands, and somehow catch their miracle cards by the river. Also, the play requirements to finish this promo are a lot tougher than PartyPoker. I need to get 400 points, where 0.07 points are given out per $0.10 in rake. This means I need to play enough hands to make $572 in rake. If the average rake in a $0.50/$1 limit game is about $0.40, then I will need to play about 1430 raked hands to complete the promo, which is a lot more than the 250 raked hands that was needed for PartyPoker. Playing higher stakes limit games, or no-limit games, will make this promo easier to clear, but I'm sure I'm not good enough for that, yet. So I will stick with $0.50/$1 limit games (which are the minimum stakes for this promo) and see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home