Sunday, April 02, 2006

Hosted A Tournament Today

A few friends and family came over today to play a no-limit hold'em tournament. We had a single table with 11 players, $20 buy-in, $10 add-on, unlimited rebuys if you bust within the first hour.

I didn't get much in the way of cards, plus I lost a bunch of chips when my AT lost out to A3 on an ace-high flop when my opponent hit his second pair on the river. I finished in eighth place, which is at least an improvement over finishing in last place the previous tournament. My friend Eagle2727, who hadn't previously made the money, finally burst the bubble this time to finish third. My brother-in-law, who claimed he plays poker but not hold'em very much, finished second. And my friend Ed, who sounded extremely pessimistic about his chances just before the tournament started, actually ended up finishing first.

Bad beat of the night - my friend Hung with a short-stack picks up AA and goes all-in preflop. Gets called by AJ. Flop comes up JJx, with no help on the turn or river, busting him out of the tournament.

It was a pretty fun night, so I'm hoping to host another poker night soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home