Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Finished Poker Rewards

I made $178 at the tables, earned a $75 bonus, and earned 6000 PSO points (which I'm saving up for poker chips later), for a net profit of $253.

Someone on the PSO forums had recommended playing at the Bad Beat tables instead of the regular tables, because the players there tend to be gamblers and play a lot looser. I think I ended up doing pretty well in this promo because of the action at these tables.

Two consecutive hands accounted for practically all my profit at the tables. First one, I have 76o in middle position, and with one limper ahead of me I decided to limp in. Person behind me min-raises, three people call, and I close the betting by calling. Flop comes up 777! Of course, I check to slow-play it, person behind me bets, button calls, I call. Turn is a 5, I check, person behind bets, button calls, I call. River is a K, I check, person behind goes all-in, button folds, I call. Opponent turns up KK for the nut full-house, and I net $96 for my quads.

The very next hand, I pick up AA. UTG and UTG+1 limp in, I raise to 5xBB and get 3 callers including the 2 original limpers. Flop comes up 36Q rainbow. UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, I call, person behind calls. Turn is an 8, UTG bets, I call, person behind calls. River is another 8, UTG goes all-in, I call, person behind folds. Opponent turns up QT suited, and apparently thought his top-pair-medium-kicker with another pair on the board was good for his entire stack! I netted $83 from this hand.

Earnings-to-date: $2411

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home