Friday, May 12, 2006

Finished Gaming Club Poker

This was my most disappointing finish so far. I lost $210 at the tables, earned a $50 bonus, and earned 6000 PSO points (which I'm saving up for poker chips), for a net loss of -$160.

There were about three key hands that were responsible for most of my loss. One hand I played very poorly, another I got rivered by a straight draw, and another I lost with my JJ overpair to a slow-played set of sevens.

For the hand I misplayed, I had 83o in the BB with six limpers. Flop comes up 893 rainbow, I check, UTG bets $2 into $7.50 pot, everyone else folds, I call. Turn is a 5, I check, UTG bet $2, I call. River is a J, I check, UTG bets $10, I raise to $25, UTG goes all-in to $74, I call. Opponent turns up QTo for the straight, and I lose $89. Lesson learned: bottom two pair can be a decent hand, but is way too weak to slow-play! And calling a re-raise all-in on the river with just middle and bottom two pair, and a possible straight on the board - not a good idea!

The other hand I have QJo in MP+1, it's folded to me so I raised 3x, BB calls. Flop comes up Js9c5s, BB checks, I bet $6 into $6.50 pot, BB min-raises to $12, I call. Turn is 6c, BB bets $18, I call. River is Qs, BB goes all-in, I called for my remaining $28. BB turns up Ts8c for the straight, and I lose $61. Looking back, I'm sure I misplayed this one as well. Top pair with Q kicker is not that great of a hand. I probably should have folded after being check-raised at the flop, or after being bet into on the turn. Even though it turned out he was on an open-ended straight draw, his most likely holding would be something like AJs so I shouldn't have called to the end like that.

The last hand I basically had no chance. With JJ and a board of 67349, the opponent just check-calls me to the river with his flopped set of 7's, so I end up losing $48 in this hand.

Earnings-to-date: $2251

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home