Saturday, July 15, 2006

Cash Game Challenge

I was planning to do more promos at ECD so that I could get enough points to order a poker table. However, the table I wanted is no longer available, plus now that they've removed Caribbean Sun Poker as a promo, I won't be able to get enough points anyway. So I'm taking a little break from clearing promos and will be starting a Cash Game Challenge for myself.

This challenge was inspired by fellow PSO blogger Scottwire's Challenge, which in turn was inspired by Chris Ferguson, the poker pro. Chris recently won $2 in a Full Tilt freeroll, and challenged himself to turn this into $10,000 before the WSOP Main Event. I'm not sure how far he has progressed recently, though, since I can't seem to find any updates on the web. Last I heard he was up to about $200 back in the middle of June.

My own challenge will be a little less daring. I will be depositing $50 into a poker room, and will start by playing two tables of $25 NL. I will move up in stakes when I make enough for two buy-ins at the next level. The challenge will end when I either bust out, or make $2000, which would take me to stakes of $500 NL. The highest level I have played before is $200 NL on Poker Share. I did okay at that level, although I only played for a little while to quickly finish up my promo. If I can make it to $500 NL, it will be interesting to see how the competition is at those stakes.

Paradise has a $100 reload bonus offer which clears after 1000 raked hands of minimum $0.25, so I will be starting the challenge there. Any bonus money earned will be included in the challenge, so I will likely be moving from site to site to take advantage of any bonus offers. I will transfer the starting bankroll of $50 out of my current bankroll figures, and will be keeping track of its progress separately in a sidebar.

On a side note, my blog entries are more or less up to date, now. I've noticed that my Earnings-to-date figure is a little bit off compared to my actual current bankroll+cashouts+prizes, so I will adjust the figures in this blog entry. I probably lost the $13 playing at one of the poker sites, which I have not accounted for.

Earnings-to-date: $4397
Challenge bankroll: $50

2 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Scottwire said...

Good luck with your challenge. I haven't had time to continue mine for a couple of weeks, but hopefully soon.

Time to get our money in with the best hands, then hope and pray :)

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Curatio said...

Thanks, Scott! Looking forward to hearing how your challenge comes along. And congrats again on the WSOP finish in the money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home