Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Got $5 Free From Absolute Poker

Last week, Absolute deposited $5 into my account for free. Today, I decided to play a SNG with it. I wanted to try a $10+1 SNG ($10 buy-in, $1 tourney fee), so I played for a while at a $0.05/$0.10 NL table to see if I could win enough for the buy-in. I caught two good hands - KK, which held up to the river, and TJo, which made a straight on the turn - and after an hour I managed to turn the $5 into $11.

I then played a $10+1 SNG. I played pretty solid, and with four people left and me with a medium stack, two others go all-in against the chip leader and lose. In heads-up, I play okay for a while, but don't catch any good hands, and eventually finished second for $27.

Then I played a $10 Multi-Table Tournament (MTT). Again, I played pretty well at the beginning, but didn't get many good cards later on, and finished just in the money for $11.

Then I joined a $0.05/$0.10 NL table, and in the third hand, I lose $20 with the following hand. I call UTG with Ah3h, there's a small raise but 5 other players end up calling to see the flop. Flop comes up 4hTh2d giving me 12 outs with the flush + gutshot straight draw. This gives me odds of about 1.1:1 to make my hand by the river. I ended up calling two all-ins on the flop, since the pot odds were about 1.24:1, giving me the odds to call. Turn comes up 3c, river Kd, and the smaller all-in shows KTo to take the main pot with two pairs, while the bigger all-in shows 4cTc to take the side pot with two pairs.

I quit for the night after that. Luckily, I'm still up about $3 from my original free $5.

Earnings-to-date: $4275

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home