Saturday, July 08, 2006

Finished Hollywood Poker

I played terribly on this promo. I made several bad calls, and by the end of the requirements, I had lost $192 at the tables, earned a $50 bonus, and got 600 ECD points (which I'm saving up for now), for a net loss of $142.

I won't get into the details of the key hands, but at least I identified a leak in my game from this experience. Most of my losses were due to an inability to fold my hand even though the betting was pretty clearly telling me that I was already beaten. I'm gonna have to work harder at plugging up this leak.

Even ignoring my poor performance, I can't really recommend this site, at least for now, because of one reason: glitchy software. The hand history file frequently just stopped being written to, which messed up my Poker Tracker records. I had to find out which hands I was missing, and then manually pull up the missing hands from their website. However, the website hand histories don't show hole card data, so my Poker Tracker records are still kind of incomplete. Partway through the promo, they had a software update which fixed this problem; however, the update created worse problems. The tables became very laggy, and it was impossible to play more than two tables at a time, as the program would crash. And if you put yourself on several waiting lists before you started playing, the program would often crash if, while you were playing at a table, these other tables popped up because a seat opened up for you. Anyway, the second I finished the requirements, I quickly withdrew my money and left the site. It was just too frustrating, and I don't plan on going back any time soon.

Earnings-to-date: $4408

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home