Sunday, July 16, 2006

Challenge Update: Bankroll At $112

Well, after one night of playing, I managed to double up my bankroll, and will be moving up to the next level at $50 NL.

There were two key hands where I won big pots tonight. First one, I'm in UTG+1 with JJ and raise to 4xBB. MP+2, CO, Button, and SB all call. BB re-raises to 9x, everyone calls. Flop comes up 3s5hQs. SB checks, BB bets $2 into $13.50 pot, I raise to $6, MP+2 is all-in for $4.15, folds around to BB who calls. Turn is 7h. BB checks, I push all-in, BB folds. River is Jd. MP+2 flips over 33 for a set of 3's, and loses to my rivered set of jacks. Yeah, I got very lucky there, and netted $20.

Second hand, I pick up KK in the big blind. UTG calls, CO raises to 4xBB, Button calls, I re-raise to 13x, CO re-re-raises to 22x, I call. Flop comes up 5J2 rainbow, I bet $6 into $12 pot, CO calls. Turn is a Q. I push $13.50, CO calls. River is another Q. Opponent turns up AhKh, and I net $24. Yeah, he was a total fish. I mean AK suited is a nice hand, but calling my huge bets when his hand hasn't even improved? I only hope there's more players like this at the higher levels.

Earnings-to-date: $4397
Challenge bankroll: $112

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home