Thursday, September 28, 2006

Finished Doyle's Room

I finally finished grinding out the Doyle's Room promo from WeDoItAllVegas. It took me longer than I expected, because the Action Points earned are based on contributed rake. It would have cleared faster if I had played higher limits, but I mostly played NL$100 because the NL$200 tables there seemed a bit tight (though it's difficult to tell with their software, because it doesn't give % Players Per Flop statistics). I had to play just over 3100 hands, and most of that time my bankroll just floated in the range of +/- $100. I didn't seem to get many good hands, and when I did get a monster, I rarely got paid off. I think I only got paid off once when my AKs made a straight on the turn and I got called by a smaller straight, but shortly after that I gave most of it back to the same guy when he turned a straight vs. my AA, and I couldn't lay it down, even though I was almost sure I was beaten (still a weakness of mine :( ).

Anyway, luckily I finished up the promo on the positive side of variance, and ended up with a profit of $198 at the tables, and earned a $135 sign-up bonus and a $50 Ebay gift certicate, for a net profit of $383.

I also played in the $50+5 Bounty tournament tonight, since all new players get a full rebate for it. I ended up finishing a modest 186 out of 770. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?), I didn't get seated next to anyone famous, though I noticed that Actyper, who also happened to be playing the same tourney, got seated at the same table as Chip Reese and Hoyt Corkins. Oh well, it was a good experience, nevertheless, with a good chance at a very nice prize pool. At least I managed to go deeper than Acty, who finished 346th :) .

I also placed a free $100 sports bet at BetWWTS.com, but unfortunately that one didn't win. Actyper was kind enough to split the referral money with me, though, which needed to be rolled over 1x. Luckily, our resident sports betting guru Riverrun helped me bet the referral money on an NFL game, which ended up covering, so I made a profit of $50 from this promo.

Earnings-to-date: $9169

2 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger actyper said...

I couldn't get anything going on in that tourney. Not sure why I do play it, pretty much a crapshoot. The Chip Reese beside me was a fake chip reese, Hoyt was real though. Too bad when I got moved to that table, I had a 3xBB chip stack!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Curatio said...

Hmmm, I didn't find it too bad. You start out with a decent stack of chips at 2000, and the blind structure didn't seem that bad, although it could have been a bit flatter at the beginning. I think I could have done better if I took a few more risks to accumulate chips, but I played a bit too conservatively since I'm used to playing cash games.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home