Monday, September 18, 2006

Finished Poker.com

I signed up a few nights ago at Poker.com to do a PokerSavvy promo for 750 SavvyPoints. This was a pretty easy promo as it took me only one night to complete, two-tabling NL$200 for about 3 hours. Poker.com has arguably the best software out of all the sites I've tried so far. It's nicely laid out, and the graphics, sound, and animation are all very well done. Sorting through the poker tables is very easy as you can sort by columns as well as apply a filter. They also have a nice chat interface where you can use a variety of smileys, and they have unique mucking options such as the ability to show just one card, and a rabbit option where you can show your cards and ask the dealer to show any remaining, unseen community cards (so players can see if they could have made their draws if they had called). Competition there is on the weak side, as I did notice a few bad players even at NL$200. Traffic, though, is somewhat light, as I couldn't find any NL$100 tables going, so I had to move up to NL$200. Other negatives include incompatibility with PokerTracker, and a currently non-functional hand history feature. Overall, I ended up making $165 at the tables after winning two medium-sized pots with KK (also had AA that night, but won a small pot), but didn't catch any monster hands to trap people with. The bonus there is pretty difficult to clear, though. After earning 1000 comp points to clear the PokerSavvy promo, I was only halfway to clearing the first $10 bonus installment at 2000 comp points, so I decided not to chase the bonus and just moved on.

On the tournament side, I ended up busting out of the Paradise $10K tourney shortly after the first break. I chipped up fairly early when my 22 made a set on the flop, but after that I didn't get any good hands and dropped to an M of about 5. After the first break, I picked up KQo UTG, and decided to push with it. I realized afterwards that this was a mistake, and I should have waited for a better hand and/or better position. I would have needed a better hand to push UTG, as the likelihood of running into a real hand is much greater with everyone else still to act behind me. I got called by AKo, flop came up AQT, and I wasn't able to outdraw him.

Absolute also gave me $10 free to play with, so I worked that up to $12+ playing NL$25. I then played a $10+1 SNG, and bubbled out in 4th place, after falling for a trap when a guy slow-played his trip jacks.

I signed up at Doyle's Room today to do a promo for a $50 Ebay gift certificate through WeDoItAllVegas. Doyle's Room has a decent sign-up bonus of $135, which clears at a reasonable rate if you play NL$100 or higher, and works out to be 100% rakeback. They also give every new player a full rebate to the $55 Bounty tournament, where you can play against Doyle Brunson himself, along with Todd Brunson and Mike Caro. I'm looking forward to playing in that one this coming Thursday.

Earnings-to-date: $8736

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home