Sunday, October 22, 2006

PSO League Tourney #6


I final-tabled the PSO league tourney again, this time finishing 2nd out of 98, for a prize of $98 plus 17,500 PSO points. I played fairly solid, but a little more aggressively this time, by defending my blinds from steals with a re-raise when I felt I was ahead, and often attacking weakness by raising in late position with any two cards if there was a single limper ahead of me. This helped me pick up a lot of small pots, and kept me ahead of the blinds with a comfortable, above-average stack for most of the tourney.

I became the chip leader for a while when I flopped a flush draw, and called a guy to the river where I made my flush and almost doubled up. From there, I pretty much cruised into the final table, where I stayed around top 2 in chips. When it got down to 5 players, I started getting really card dead, plus a lot of my steal attempts were meeting resistance. I bled chips until I became the short stack with 3 left. I had to push in the SB with K7s, got called by AKo, but the board was kind to me and paired my 7.

When it got to heads-up, I was behind about 3:1 in chips. I don't have a lot of heads-up experience, so I'm sure this is a weak point in my game. It went back and forth for a few hands, then I ended up pushing with 98s. Yeah, it wasn't such a great hand to push with, but it was getting late and my wife was getting on my back, so I figured my cards were live and it was worth a gamble. I got called by KQo, and the flop paired my 8, but the turn paired his K and I was done.

This finish should put me in the top 10 overall in the league, giving me at least a decent chance to finish in the top 5 for the league prizes. To take first overall, I'll still need to get a first place finish in one of the last two events, or maybe a top 3 finish in both of the last two events. Pretty unlikely, but you never know.

I played a little bit on Party a couple nights ago, and made $129 at the tables. I haven't really played much lately due to other priorities, but will start playing more regularly again in November. I'll tally up my winnings from the league games after the final tourney is done.

Earnings-to-date: $10,212

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Grats on your great finish! Bet those PSO points will come in handy - better cash them in while you still can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home