Saturday, November 11, 2006

Bankroll Updates and Booya League Event #3

I had to withdraw some money from my bankroll, so I did some cover play on Party. Last time I played about 300 hands, and they still denied my withdrawal to my bank account, so this time I played about 1000 hands just to be sure. I deposited $1000, made $48 at the NL$100 tables, and withdrew the whole amount.

I played a bit at Booya Poker as well, making $29 at the NL$100 tables, and clearing a $25 bonus. Last night I tried out Poker.com again, after reading that a lot of the fishy American players hang out there now. The play is definately looser there, and I ended up making $197 at the NL$200 and NL$100 tables, and cleared a $10 bonus. I think I'll probably play there a bit more often, when I don't have a decent bonus or promo to clear.

Last Tuesday, I played in event #3 of 8 in the Booya Poker Night In Canada league. This was my first league game, so because I missed the first two events, I'm pretty severely handicapped in the overall standings. I managed to finish the tourney in 2nd place, which will help a bit, but the formula for the points calculation will make it difficult for me to catch up. The formula is linear, and awards points for a top 20 finish. However, since the games have been averaging around 15 players, everyone is getting some decent points even for an average finish, and without a top-heavy formula, a top 3 finish isn't going to award me enough points to help me catch up. Combined with the fact that the blinds structure in the games is pretty fast, I'm going to need a lot of luck to finish in the top 5 overall for the league prizes.

Earnings-to-date: $11,994

2 Comments:

At 2:13 AM, Blogger United113 said...

Ho do you find poker.com??

I find it a bit loose for my liking!

Check out Virgin, they have a good mixture of people.

Nice blog..

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Curatio said...

Hi, United113! Thanks for stopping by!

I like the action at Poker.com. The %PlayersPerFlop at the NL$100 tables tend to hover around the high 30's, which is right where I like it. My opinion of "too loose" would be higher than 45.

I haven't tried out Virgin, yet. If I can find a good affiliate bonus for them, I might consider signing up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home