Monday, July 17, 2006

Challenge Update: Bankroll At $215

I managed to double up again after a night of play, and will be moving up to $100 NL. Gee, I hope the rest of the challenge goes this well!

Had two big hands tonight. First one, I pick up AA in the big blind. UTG and UTG+1 call, MP raises to 3xBB, I re-raise to 9x, MP calls. Flop comes up 3cJs5s. I bet $5 into $10 pot, MP raises to $15, I re-raise to $35, MP re-re-raises me all-in, I call. Turn is a Td, river a 4d. MP turns up KdJd, and I net $47. Man, talk about overplaying top pair!

Second hand, I'm in CO with AhQh. It's folded around to MP+2, who raises to 4x, I call, the rest fold. Flop comes up QsQd7h. MP+2 bets $3.50 into $4.75 pot. I pause, pretending to hesitate, then call his bet. Turn is a 2c. MP+2 checks, I pause a bit again and make a smallish bet of $5 into an $11.75 pot. MP+2 raises to $14, I take a really long pause before calling. River is an 8s. MP+2 pushes all-in, I of course call. He turns over KdTd for an outright bluff, and I net $49. I felt really good about this hand, as I'm sure my hesitant reactions played a large part in encouraging him to bluff.

Earnings-to-date: $4397
Challenge bankroll: $215

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home