Saturday, August 12, 2006

Mission Accomplished...With A Bang!

Well, today didn't start off too well. I went to work, and just after lunch I found out that my whole afternoon of patients either cancelled or rescheduled on me. So with the afternoon off, I went home and played a bit of poker online.

I joined a $300 NL table, and my stack more or less stayed even for a long time. Finally, I get a good hand when holding 55, I manage to hit a set on the flop, and my one opponent puts me all-in on the turn. He flips over AA, doesn't improve, and I double up. That made my afternoon, because with that one win, my challenge bankroll reached about $1940, pretty darn close to my goal of $2000.

Later on, after I put the kids to bed, I decided to play some more. I joined a $300 NL table again, and immediately started getting a rush of good cards. I kept getting pocket pairs, many of which either held up on their own, or I managed to hit a set or full house on the flop. Biggest hand of the night, I held 55 again and hit a set on the flop. I manage to get two opponents all-in, and they flip over QQ for an overpair to the board, and ATs for top-pair-top-kicker, and I net a whopping $516! To make a long story short, for the entire day I ended up making $1116, putting my challenge bankroll at $2737.

So I guess my cash game challenge is now officially over. However, I'm going to continue playing some more $300 NL at Superior Poker for a while. I've gotten the 500 POP points needed for the ECD promo, but I need another 1100 points to clear my deposit bonus. Since the points come fairly easily playing $300 NL, I'll continue playing to work on the deposit bonus, and hopefully my winning streak will continue.

Earnings-to-date: $6934
Challenge bankroll: Finished at $2737 (now added back to current bankroll)

6 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger Curatio said...

Thanks! I think I'll go back to doing a few more affiliate promos and work on my year-end goal now, instead of devising a new challenge. With the experience I gained from doing the challenge, I think I am comfortable playing at $200 NL now, and will probably be making that my usual level instead of $100 NL.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Curatio said...

Oh, and as for a vacation, unfortunately all my poker earnings for now are currently being used to pay down some debt. But once that is over with (probably another month or two), I'll be setting aside all poker earnings for stuff like vacations and home improvements.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Syphos said...

Congrats on achieving that goal, that is a pretty sweet accomplishment.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Riverrun said...

Great job with crushing your goal!!

I can't wait to see your next one?
NL5000???

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Curatio said...

Thanks, guys!

I do plan to try another version of the challenge later on, after I take a break and clear a few promos. I'm thinking maybe I'll start with a $400 bankroll playing NL$200, with a goal of $4000, making my last level NL$1000. This will probably limit me to just the big sites, like Party or Stars, though. Unfortunately, I don't like playing at Party (haven't been profitable there, for some reason :( ) and I don't have a Stars account, yet.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Scottwire said...

Great job Curatio! I hope I have the same success. Just finished the Sun Poker promo so now I'll go back to Titan to finish my own challenge. You've put so much pressure on me now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home