Friday, August 11, 2006

Started New Promo: Superior Poker

Although Paradise Poker has been very good to me thus far, I've decided to change sites for my Cash Game Challenge so that I can clear both an affiliate promo and a deposit bonus while I continue to work on meeting my goal. Thus, I have started an ECD promo for 600 points at Superior Poker, and will be clearing a deposit bonus of $100.

So far, the traffic at Superior Poker is way less than at Paradise. Tonight, there was about four full $100 NL tables going, one $200 NL, and one $300 NL. I played a bit of $50 NL and $100 NL to get used to the site, then joined the $300 NL.

One unusual thing about Superior Poker and the network it's on is that almost everyone playing there is Canadian. At the $300 NL table I was playing on, about 8 or 9 of us were Canadian, with about half of them being in the Greater Vancouver area where I am from. This is supposedly due to the aggressive television marketing by TigerGaming on all the Canadian sports networks during their poker programming.

So far, judging from the play and chit-chat I encountered at the $300 NL table, the level of competition seems to be fairly good. I did manage to squeeze out a profit of $41 tonight, but I can tell that it will be a tougher ride than on Paradise. Also, the site is not compatible with Poker Tracker, so it will be more difficult for me to keep track of my hands and my opponents' play. Oh well, it shouldn't take too long to finish this promo if I continue to play at $300 NL, so once I am done I'll probably move on to another site.

Earnings-to-date: $4197
Challenge bankroll: $1621

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home