Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Booya League Event #4

I played in the Booya League tonight and finished 7th out of 21. Not great, but not too bad either. It was a fun tourney, with the majority of the final table being PSO regulars. The turning point for me was just before the final table. I was all-in preflop with QQ vs AKo, and a win there would have given me the overall chip lead. Unfortunately, the flop paired my opponent's ace, and that left me near the bottom in chips. After that, I managed to survive a bit longer and moved up a few precious spots. Several of the league leaders finished poorly tonight, so after this tourney I think I'll probably move up to around 9th overall. Still a ways to go to catch up to the top 5, but at least the gap is narrowing.

I wanted to withdraw another $1000 from my bankroll, so lately I've been doing some more cover play at Party. Tonight was a good night, after making almost $300 at the NL$200 and NL$100 tables. Unfortunately, the night before I was down almost $200, so overall I'm only up about one buyin.

Party has been a lot quieter lately, ever since they blocked off US players, and the fish have definately been less plentiful. Tonight, however, I managed to reel in a nice big one:

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
9 players

Pre-flop: (9 players) Curatio is MP2 with Js Jc
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $2, MP1 folds, Curatio raises to $6, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 6d 9c 2h ($19, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 bets $8.08, Curatio raises to $20, SB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 6h ($59, 2 players)
UTG+1 bets $9.71, Curatio raises to $30, UTG+1 calls.

River: 4h ($119, 2 players)
UTG+1 raises all-in $62.47, Curatio calls.

Results: Final pot: $243.94
UTG+1 shows Th 9d
Curatio shows Js Jc

I was kind of surprised how badly he played that for NL$100. I don't think it could have been any more obvious that I was holding an overpair, and with the board pairing he only had two outs. Kinda makes me wonder how much money players like this must be losing in the long run.

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Riverrun said...

good showing last night. From the sounds of it they will be doing it again right after this league. Should be another decent bit of overlay. Goodluck the rest of the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home