Friday, February 02, 2007

Slowly Rebuilding My Bankroll

I'm starting to play a bit more again, and I'm working on rebuilding my online bankroll after last month's downswing. A couple weeks ago, I played in a $100 NL cash game on Full Tilt with a bunch of regular readers of the PSO Hand Analysis Forum. The purpose was to play together for a couple hours, then gather all our hand histories afterwards for analysis and discussion on the forum. It was rather refreshing and challenging to play for once with people who you know are actually good at poker. I had a nice run of cards, and ended the session with a profit of $96. This might become a regular event, so if you are interested in joining us, watching the video replay, or reading all the strategy discussions, make sure you come by and check out the Hand Analysis Forum on PSO.

I've been playing mostly $50 NL cash games on Party Poker recently, trying to clear the reload bonus. I had to drop down a level because I didn't feel I was properly bankrolled for $100 NL anymore after last month. Tonight I finished the bonus requirements, and ended up with a profit of $156 including the bonus. I also played a bit at Full Tilt again, as I had to transfer some money to a friend, and made a quick $16.

I've also been playing the $5+$1 Maui SNG's on Titan, trying to work on my SNG Challenge. Since my last update, I've placed 2, 1, 8, 5, 5, 4, 2, 4, 7, 1, 7, 2, 4, 8, and 3. This brings my bankroll there to $50. It's progress, albeit slow. It's definately a far cry from my Cash Game Challenge, where I was doubling my bankroll every night or two in the beginning. I really need to work on my tournament game, and get on a nice winning streak. Otherwise, this challenge is going to take a really long time.

Earnings-to-date: $11,823
SNG Challenge Bankroll: $50

3 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger actyper said...

How bad was your Dec downswing?

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Curatio said...

About $550, or 5 1/2 buy-ins. Not horrible, but relatively significant since I had recently made a withdrawal and downsized my bankroll a bit, so that was over a third of it. I'll probably play some more $50 NL until I have at least $1500 before I move back up to $100 NL.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Gold999 said...

I'm trying to do the same bankroll building that you are.

Nice playing with you the other night. Glad I could contribute to your bankroll rebuilding...LOL. I new my trips were no good, but was too stubborn to lay it down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home