Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Piece Of The WSOP Pie

I didn't make any attempts this year to qualify for the World Series of Poker. I've only been playing for about seven months now, and am still working on improving my game. I've been focussing on full-table no-limit cash games, and haven't worked much on my tournament play at all. For next year, though, I will definately be working on improving my tournament game to try to win a seat at the WSOP.

Fellow PSO poker blogger Actyper, on the other hand, is an excellent tournament player, and has been working hard this year to qualify for the WSOP. He finally accomplished that on Sunday by winning a WSOP Main Event package through PokerStars. Congratulations on a well-deserved win!

Now, the next best thing to actually playing at the WSOP, I think, is to have a stake in it and have someone to cheer for. So I asked Actyper if he would sell me a stake in his tournament, and he graciously (and very humbly, I might add :) ) agreed. So for $200 (2% of the $10,000 buy-in), I now have a 2% stake in his WSOP finish. With an estimated $10 million first prize at the Main Event this year, this means my $200 investment has the potential to turn into $200,000. Not too shabby, eh?

I wish him the best of luck at the tables, and will be following his progress closely starting next Friday, July 28th. No pressure, just have fun out there and do your best!

Earnings-to-date: $4197 (took out the $200 stake money)
Challenge bankroll: $228

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home