Thursday, July 20, 2006

Challenge Update: Bankroll At $436

Man, Paradise Poker has been very good to me so far! I've only played 110 hands since my last update, and already I've doubled up again and will be moving up to $200 NL.

There were three key hands this time. First one, I'm dealt TT in the big blind. Four people limp in for $1, including the SB. I raise it up to $5, hoping to steal the pot, but if someone calls I may still get a favourable flop. UTG+1 and MP call. Flop comes up 9hQsTh. I hit my set, but with a 2-flush on board, I don't like to slow play, plus since I was the aggressor, I go ahead and lead out. I bet $8 into a $17.50 pot. I made the bet slightly less than half pot-sized to make it look like a continuation bet trying to steal the pot. Only MP calls. Turn is an Ad. I decide to check to make it look like I'm either scared of the ace, or I haven't made my hand and don't want to put more money in the pot. MP bets $24 into $35.50 pot, I push all-in to $87, he has me covered and calls. River is an 8c, opponent turns up AcQc, and I net $104 in this hand.

Second hand, I'm in CO and dealt QdJd. UTG calls for $1, I call, BB checks. Flop comes up 6c2d8d. BB checks, UTG bets $5.50 into $3.50 pot. I think about the overbet for a while, then decide to call with the two overcards and a flush draw. BB folds, and turn comes up 9d. Yay, I made my flush! UTG bets $12 into $14.50 pot, I raise all-in to $62, UTG calls. River is a Qc. UTG turns up Tc7d, showing he made a gut-shot straight on the turn, but loses to my flush. I net $67 here.

The other hand, I'm in BB and dealt AA. UTG +1 calls for $1, MP+1 raises to $3.50, and it's folded around to me. I contemplate a re-raise, then decide to call. UTG+1 also calls. Flop comes up Kd6s7d. Even though there's a 2-flush on board, I decide to check as I'm pretty sure someone else behind me will bet. UTG+1 bets $4 into an $11 pot, MP folds, I raise to $12, he calls. Turn is a 3s. Pot is $35, I bet $30 to put UTG+1 all-in , he calls for $27. River is an 8s, opponent turns up KcJd, and I net $44 in this hand.

So, I've played for three nights and have managed to double up each night. I know I'm playing solid poker, but I've also been pretty lucky as I haven't been cold-decked yet. Hopefully, my winning streak will continue and I can finish this challenge before too long.

Earnings-to-date: $4197
Challenge bankroll: $436

2 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger actyper said...

At this rate you'll be playing $1000nl by Sunday! Keep it up!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Curatio said...

One can only hope! Actually, my last level will be $500 NL. If I can reach that level, I will hope to double up my bankroll to $2000, and then end the challenge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home