Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Challenge Update: Bankroll At $1580

Got a bit lucky tonight. Doubled up at a $200 NL table with 66 vs 34s. I flopped a set, while he flopped bottom end of the straight with a flush draw as well. Pushed on the flop, and luckily the board paired to give me a full house.

Not sure whether I should keep grinding it out at Paradise, or try moving to a different site. I don't really like playing so much without clearing a promo and/or bonus at the same time. I feel like I'm not getting full value for my play, since I'm paying all this rake but getting nothing from the poker room in return. I'm considering doing the Superior Poker promo at ECD. It's on the ActionPoker network, same as TigerGaming. Anyone have any experience with this network? My main concern is whether there is sufficient traffic in the evenings at $200 NL or higher.

Earnings-to-date: $4197
Challenge bankroll: $1580

3 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Syphos said...

Linked you and started reading through some of your trials, I think I may pick up the NL challenge at some point to see if I can get anywhere with it.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Curatio said...

Thanks for the link!

Yeah, you should try out the challenge. I think it has helped to improve my cash game play. This can be quite different from tournament play if that is what you are used to.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Syphos said...

Well, when I am clearing bonuses I used to do limit, but always had trouble moving to $1/$2 from .5/1 and started doing NL$25 and NL$50 exclusively. I guess the allure of it is to see if I can make it in higher levels :), though it really depends on the swings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home