Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hosted Another Tournament Last Night

Nine players, $10 buy-in for 1000 chips, $10 add-on after 1 hour, unlimited $10 rebuys first hour. I had to rebuy once after a bad beat crippled me. I flopped top two pairs, and my buddy who only made bottom pair went all-in so that he could rebuy - he ended up rivering trips and doubled up at my expense.

After the add-on, I didn't get much in the way of cards, and what I did get, either didn't hold up or didn't get any action. My AKo vs ATo on an ace-high flop, turn gave my opponent a T, luckily he played it weakly and just called my turn bet, and I was able to check the river. Had 99 in last position and flopped top set with about 3 or 4 others in the hand, checked to me and I made a modest bet but got no action. Made the mistake of limping in with A7o in SB, flop came ace high, and I got called by one opponent to the end and lost to A8o I think.

I bled blinds until I finally had to push with A6o, BB called with J3o I think, he paired his 3 and I was out in 6th place.

I played some more at Paradise, and was down about $200 when a guy rivered a flush vs. my flopped two pair, despite me check-raising the flop and betting heavily on the turn. Turned out he had both a straight and a flush draw, so he was correct to call. I could have folded to his raise on the river, but by then I was pot-committed. Luckily, I managed to make most of it back when I got KK in BB, UTG+1 and MP+1 call for $2, BTN raises to $4, SB re-raises to $9, I re-re-raise to $23, BTN and SB both call. Flop comes up 225. SB checks, I bet $40 into $73 pot, BTN calls, SB folds. Turn is an 8. I bet $71 to put opponent all-in, he calls. River is a 7. He flips over AKo! You'd think he'd have at least on overpair, but go figure!

Earnings-to-date: $4197
Challenge bankroll: $1371

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home