Monday, July 31, 2006

Challenge Update: Bankroll At $1206

Well, my winning streak at Paradise is finally over, with my last three sessions being losing ones. It was bound to happen, though, so I don't feel too bad. Tonight, though, could have been a winning session if I didn't play one particular hand very badly.

With blinds of $1/$2, I'm in MP with JhJc. It's folded to me, so I raise it up to $8. Only the SB calls. Flop comes up 8hKd2h, and SB checks, so I bet $12 into a pot of $18. SB raises to $24, and I call. Turn is Ah. SB bets $24 into a $66 pot, and I call. River is the 7h. SB bets $45 into a $114 pot, I raise it to $160 to put him all-in, and he calls. He turns over KhJd for the nut flush, and I lose $216 in this hand.

In retrospect, I should have folded after being check-raised on the flop. I had another chance to fold on the turn, but I didn't think he had a higher heart, so I chased the flush. Then, on the river, he only bet 1/3 the pot, so I mis-read it thinking he might not have a better flush, and raised him all-in. So, a combination of not respecting his check-raise, chasing a non-nut flush, and misinterpretting his river bet led to a very poorly played hand on my part. At least I'll learn something from this hand, though it was an expensive lesson.

Earnings-to-date: $4197
Challenge bankroll: $1206

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home